Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fireplace Remodel How To Remodel The Fireplace Without Retiling? Can I Put New Tiles On Top Of Old Tiles Using Cement?

How to remodel the fireplace without retiling? Can I put new tiles on top of old tiles using cement? - fireplace remodel

How to remodel the fireplace without retiling? Can old tiles with new tiles on cement?
I hate the fireplace in my family room. My organization has a warm fireplace and simply seems irrelevant. I think the decorations add to the fire and change the color of the tiles. But my budget is limited.

Can I paint the pictures? The tiles are warm when you're the fire, then maybe this is not a good idea?

Can new tiles on the existing tables or cement or accession without a few old photos? Since it seems very difficult to make because I'm new to DIY.

We look forward to your comments. Photo of the chimney:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/mytreasure2006/fireplace/fireplace001.jpg

4 comments:

racer123 said...

Paving is a 2-step process. You need to prepare the existing surface to the type of care needed to get the pictures again.

slopoke6... said...

You buy a new surround sound over the old

mrsdeli said...

I love tile ... I would definitely a new badge to change the appearance at the opening, it will completely change the look of the tile. You can actually color of the tiles. Check Home Depot or Lowe's for supplies. It works well and there are pictures that are resistant to heat.

richard a said...

You can add mosaic tiles with good mortar. I would like to use Versabond INCH OR SOMETHING Compari.

Post a Comment